In our first episode, Pat Hawks joins us to start with a bang. He is one of the maintainers of Jekyll, which is one of the most popular static site generators out there. He talks a little about how he got into web development and how he came to be a maintainer of the Jekyll project, including his very first pull request!
We then dig into what static site generators are and what makes a static site different from a dynamic one. From there Pat and Josh chat for the rest of the show about Jekyll, and it’s various uses.
- What is a static site?
- What is a static site generator?
- How do they work?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks
- What is Jekyll?
- Why should someone choose Jekyll?
- How long have you been a maintainer of the Jekyll project?
- Any other static site generators you like?
- Bonus: Jekyll on a pi?
- Jekyll’s site - please if you haven’t yet go check this out!
- Pat’s site, go check out his website!
- Expose Jekyll version to templates. Pat’s first pull request merged into the Jekyll project.
- Netlify Blog article on static site generators.
- Hackernoon Article on static site generators.
- Wp2static.com A WordPress Static Site Generator.
Thank you for stopping by! If you liked what you heard in this episode, feel free to rate and share it.
Rate this episode